Ultimate Paris Food Tour
Discover Le Marais, one of Paris’ most iconic and historic neighborhoods, as you taste some of the most quintessential foods in the city!
- Discover the baker who stuck to traditional recipes and as a result, revolutionized French bread!
- Visit the oldest covered market in Paris, dating back to the 1600s and learn about some of the fresh produce that makes French cuisine so special!
- Follow your expert culinary guide into the heart of the Jewish quarter and taste an unexpectedly Parisian pastry.
- Have lunch like the French in an old-school bistro with a classic French dish and learn the ins and outs of eating like a Parisian.
- Visit the last remaining multigenerational family run businesses in the historic Marais neighborhood, some operating for nearly a century!
- Learn the difference between natural and biodynamic wine with some passionate wine lovers!
What to Expect on Your Tour
Weave your way through the charming Marais neighborhood, and you’ll see how historical French food is—there is a legend behind every cheese, and there is a story behind every recipe and classic dish. You’ll discover the stories behind every front door, shop window, and in every restaurant and kitchen while meeting the people behind the food and local family-run restaurants. You can expect French classics alongside Jewish delicacies, as well as new twists on patisserie, and of course, traditional eateries! A whistle stop tour of all things French cuisine.
STOP BY STOP
We’ll start the morning in Marais as French as can be with buttery croissants from one of the city’s best-loved bakers. We’ll also try the bakery’s homemade bread, which is different to other bread you’ll find around the city!
Then, no Paris food tour is complete without macaroons and chocolate, so our next stop will be to try these sweet treats at a store where the owner has held a prestigious, lifelong quality award since 1986!
Next up, we’ll meet an old friend at a historic market*, famous for his crepes, where we will be trying a particularly special savory variation, made from chickpea flour and originating from the south of France.
After that, we’ll wander down to the Jewish quarter to try some unexpectedly Parisian pastries in a traditional, family-run establishment.
Then, we’ll discover a 99-year-old shop packed full of regional delicacies from every corner of France. We’ll try cured meats and cheese and talk about how the French shop, eat and go about their daily life!
Time for something warm! At the next stop, we’ll enjoy homemade French onion soup in a traditional bistro, which is known for sourcing all his own produce and making everything in house.
Next up, we’ll try some French pastries with a twist—a French Syrian baker marries the flavors of the Middle East and the quality products of France in little “nests” of joy. To continue with the sweet theme,, we’ll then try traditional handmade French chocolates. Heaven!
Finally, we’ll hop over to the Ile Saint Louis to finish with a glass of French natural wine!
And as with all Devour Paris tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Paris guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Paris like a local!
*Please note that the market is closed on Tuesdays
About Our Expert GuidesMeet them here!
Map Your Tour
Weave your way through the historic Marais neighborhood, home to Paris' former Jewish quarter and some of the most beautiful streets in the city center.